A meatless Monday pasta recipe
This recipe is perfect if you want to try out a vegetarian recipe. A meal without meat is not just good for the planet but also for your wallet!
Ingredients (2 persons)
- 3 cups of whole-grain pasta
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 4 cups of spinach
- 1 tbsp dried basil and oregano
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- Cook the pasta as instructed on the packaging
- Finely dice the onion and garlic
- Add the onion and garlic to a pan and saute for a few minutes
- Add the can of diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and dried basil and oregano to the onion and garlic.
- After the pasta is cooked, add it to the sauce
- Let sit until it reaches the desired consistency
- Add the spinach and stir everything one last time
Leftovers make a great lunch the following day. Store the leftovers in an airtight container and keep in the fridge up to three days.