A versatile veggie bowl recipe
This recipe is perfect if you’re always drooling over pretty foodstagrams. And it’s not just pretty! This recipe is probably one of the most versatile around. Pick any vegetable you like, choose a whole-grain, add a healthy dressing, throw everything in a bowl, and tada! You’re done.
Note: For the pretty effect, you need to place the ingredients into the bowl in an orderly way.
Ingredients (2 persons)
- 1 cup of brown rice
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1 red onion
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 cup of carrots
- A handful of arugula
- Salt, pepper and smoked paprika to taste
- A drizzle of tahini
- Prepare the brown rice according to the packaging
- Drain and rinse the can of chickpeas
- Place a pan over medium heat and roast the chickpeas with a little salt, pepper, smoked paprika to taste until they are starting to brown
- Finely dice the onion and cut the carrots into small pieces
- Cut the avocado into slices
- Place the arugula in a bowl, put the rice on top, and place the rest of the ingredients in neat piles in the bowl. Lastly, drizzle some tahini on everything.
The ingredients listed above are only suggestions. If you don’t like any of the vegetables or other ingredients swap them for something else.Just combine veggies, protein, whole-grains, and a healthy dressing, and your bowl is ready!