Blissfully baked oatmeal
This recipe is not just perfect if you want to treat yourself on a lazy morning. It’s also perfect if you want to start the New Year off with a bang. And by bang I mean healthy. This recipe is filled with healthy fats, complex carbs, and some much-needed protein. And — most important of all — it tastes delicious! This healthy meal will make your morning even more blissful!
Ingredients (2 persons)
- ½ cup of rolled oats
- ⅓ cup of whole-grain flour
- 2 tbsp of coconut shreds
- 2 tsp of cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp of salt
- A handful of raw nuts of your choice (walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts)
- 2 tbsp of maple syrup
- ½ cup of plant-based milk
- Optional: 1 tbsp of cacao nibs
- Optional: frozen blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line an oven dish with baking paper.
- Add the rolled oats, flour, coconut shred, cacao powder, and salt to a bowl and mix well. Chop the raw nuts and add it to the mix.
- Add the milk and maple syrup to the mix and stir well to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the oven dish and bake it in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Cut the baked oatmeal into two portions. Add it to a bowl and enjoy it with cacao nibs and your favorite berries.