Brilliant broccoli stir-fry
This recipe is quick, easy, and delicious. It’s full of fresh veggies that even your kids will like. (Hopefully!) The broccoli will give your liver the boost it needs after the holidays. Don’t forget to chew! Your body will benefit most from the sulforaphane that broccoli releases after its thoroughly chewed.
Ingredients (2 persons)
- 2 cups of broccoli florets
- 1 cup of thinly sliced carrots
- 1 cup of yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 200g of skinless chicken breast, 1-inch pieces
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp of red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp of ginger, minced
- ¼ cup of water
- ¼ cup of soy sauce
- 3 tbsp of honey
- 2 tbsp of cornstarch
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place a pan over medium heat and add the vegetables with a teaspoon of oil. Cook the vegetables for about 5 minutes or until they are tender.
- Place another pan over high heat and add a tablespoon of oil. Cook the chicken breast on each side until cooked through and golden brown.
- Add the vegetables to the chicken and cook for another 2 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk together the water, soy sauce, honey, garlic, red pepper flakes, and ginger.
- In a small bowl, whisk together a tablespoon of water and the cornstarch. Avoid any clumps by adding more water if needed.
- Pour the soy sauce over the vegetables and chicken and cook for another minute. Then add the water and cornstarch to the pan and stir.
- Bring to a boil and wait for the sauce to thicken.
- Serve with rice and enjoy!
- Add cornstarch to the sauce to thicken. If you don’t have any cornstarch on hand, you don’t need to add it. Only the sauce will be thinner.
- This recipe is very versatile. If you don’t like any of the veggies mentioned, swap them for something else. Maybe mushrooms or sugar snap peas are more to your liking.
- Want to keep your recipe plant-based? Swap the chicken breast for tofu. Marinate the tofu in the soy sauce for at least 30 minutes before cooking.