Nostalgic nourish bowl
I’m a fan of anything you put into a bowl and not only looks pretty but also taste delicious. That’s almost always the case with a nourish bowl. A base of rice or quinoa — if you’re feeling fancy — on a bed of leafy greens. Topped with your favorite veggies and a drizzle of sauce. If that doesn’t sound good, I don’t know what does!
Ingredients (2 persons)
- 1 cup of cooked quinoa
- 1 large sweet potato, in pieces
- 1 cup of broccoli florets
- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup of kale
- 1 avocado, in slices
- 1 tsp of paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hot sauce of your choice
- Cook the quinoa as directed on the packaging. If you are anything like me and also cook too much, store it in an airtight container in the fridge and keep it fresh up to 3 days.
- Put a pan of water with a steamer basket on high heat and wait until the water boils. Make sure the water doesn’t touch the steamer basket. Add the sweet potato for about 15 minutes or until almost cooked.
- Add the broccoli florets and the kale to the steamer basket. Cook the vegetables for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- While the vegetables are cooking, add the chickpeas to a bowl. Add a little salt, pepper, and paprika. Mix to combine.
- When the quinoa is ready, transfer it to a large bowl. Add the vegetables, avocado, and chickpeas to the bowl and drizzle with hot sauce. Enjoy!
If you don’t like any of the vegetables mentioned above, feel free to swap them. Beets or asparagus work well in this recipe!